While preparing the balloon payload for launch, our inflated helium balloon escaped from its clamp and took off like a homesick angel. We have a spare balloon but the first balloon took our entire supply of helium. As a result, we will wait until Monday with a new supply of helium to launch again. Weather looks like it should hold this entire week. This delay also gives Fred and the other engineers time to inspect the payload and fix the gremlins that appeared during today’s launch. We are saddened and humbled by today’s technical problems but feel better prepared for Monday. Good dress rehearsal!
Same Place: CAPS Facility off of 151st St. and 69 Highway
Time: 9 AM
Join us on Ustream for the live broadcast!