Una Lucha KC and One Struggle KC would like to invite you to be a part of an artistic project to illustrate one of its original coloring books describing the history of the 43 students who were disappeared on September 26th and 27th, 2014 at Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico. The chosen candidates will be compensated for their participation.
About the Project: Una Lucha KC and One Struggle KC have received a grant to create two activity books. The objective is to share them with youth and the general public to raise social consciousness and build solidarity between our communities here and for those who are affected by the recent events in Mexico.
Themes: Ayotzinapa Lives! The coloring book tells the story of Ayotzinapa in an easy to understand manner and was inspired by the disappearance of 43 students in Iguala, Guerrero. Here is the first version, check it out, use it for starting point and inspiration; we look forward to see your drawing sample ideas. http://bit.ly/1MQyyO
- Must be Latina/ Latino
- Send 1-3 works of art or drawings (ideally centered around the events in Ayotzinapa or on social justice) (maximum size of 11×14)
- Write about your interest to participate in this project (one paragraph)
- The chosen artists will be asked to meet together during the week of August 24-30, 2015 if possible.
Friday, August 21, ‘15-11:59 PM. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (913)730-0912
- Mail: PO Box 410694, Kansas City MO 64141
- Delivery in Person: Charlotte Street Foundation, 1000 West 25th St, Kansas City, MO 64141
- Email: email@example.com