Rocket Grant projects are selected by a jury of four arts professionals, working both locally and nationally. Each proposal will be evaluated on criteria including innovation, thoughtful context, feasibility and meaningful impact.
To apply, artists must submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) online by June 27, 2022. The LOI should include a project summary, the artists involved, the intended audience, the specific context of the work, budget needs, and relevance of the project. The jury will assess the Letters of Interest and invite selected projects to complete a full application in July 2022. Rocket Grants recipients will be announced in September 2022.
Applications will be accepted on the Submittable platform here. Artists will create a free account to submit their Letter of Interest, beginning on May 13, 2022.
The following links have been updated for the 2022-2023 cycle. Always obtain the updated forms for each round of funding.
• Application Tips: the top ten ways to make a strong application
• Outreach Sessions: get information, and ask questions about your proposal in progress
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): address queries about eligibility, applications, budget and venue
• Video Interviews with artists and community partners behind six recently awarded project grants (including extended transcripts and images)
• Jury Process: information about the way in which selections are made, including a link to past panelists
• Past Projects: information about the 100+ projects that have been funded by this program since 2010
• Final Report: required for all awarded projects in order to receive final 15% of funding
• More information: about this program, key organizations, and similar programs around the country.
Funding priorities, materials, and processes are all continually evaluated to provide the best and most relevant program possible. Needless to say, we are always thankful for your thoughtful feedback.