• 2017-18 Call (Cycle 8) opens January 16, 2017
• 2016-17 Deadline: March 27, 2017, 11.59 PM CST
• 2017-18 Funds released to selected projects June, 2017
• Link to the call via the CaFE Call for Entry system. You will need to create a user name and password on the CaFE site to apply – see the Application Guide (below) for details. Interested artists can prepare for entry to multiple arts opportunities by uploading up to 100 images of their work onto this system. No other forms of application will be accepted.
The following links are for materials updated for the 2017-18 cycle. Materials from previous rounds may be helpful to use as a general guideline, but please note that you should always obtain the updated forms for each round of funding.
• Online tutorials will guide you through the application process
• Application Tips NEW this year!
• Outreach sessions throughout the 80-mile region at which you can meet the program coordinator and previous grant recipients, and ask questions about your proposal in progress.
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that address queries about eligibility, applications, budget and venue.
• Video featuring previous grant recipients talking about their projects and the opportunity provided by the grant.
• Map of the 80-mile eligibility zone (see above also).
• Jury Process information about the way in which selections are made, including a link to past panelists
• Awards Ceremony information about the celebration we hold for each round of Award recipients, including links to images from past events
• Past Projects information about the 70+ projects that have been funded by this program since 2010
• Rocketblog posts by Award recipients and others about upcoming events and opportunities related to the Rocket Grants program
• Final report required for all awarded projects
Funding priorities, materials, and processes are all continually evaluated to provide the best and most relevant program possible. Needless to say, we are always thankful for your thoughtful feedback.
More information about this program, key organizations, and similar programs around the country.